Wednesday 26 February 2014

The Habit

The following is an informal interview/questionnaire.
I ask questions.
She answers.

M- It's when my brother hides my packet of light before Mom sees it, he feels that she shouldn't feel a lot awkward about my habit.
K- Will you leave it, the habit?
M- I don't know, K.
K- Do you write after you smoke? My seniors say they write after smoking or drinking. Being High!
M- I can write otherwise too.
K- Could you call any of them better than the other?
M- Purely subjective. Sometimes I write only to erase.
K- Does it work? I mean writing about something make you forget the feeling?
Or is it a short term, temporary alternative/shelter?
M- I can not write while I am still under the effect of feelings.
I mean, I do random writing, and then not show it to anybody.
K- Oh. I think many people follow the latter part. Some for the fear of the work being too dilute/weak. Some to maintain privacy. You?
M- It's not worth, simply. I keep it, nevertheless, because it reveals new ideas sometimes.
K- And do you ever read it? I remember reading my poem, written long ago. 'Seriously Keshav. You wrote it?' was the reaction.
M- That is how it is supposed to be. Your mind has to evolve. Sometimes you will write better, and sometimes it will be pathetic.
K- Well, I rarely find mine better than pathetic.
M- Someone once told me that undermining yourself is only good until it starts hindering your flow. Let it roll.
K- Do you mind if I share it? Anonymously?
M- No worries.


Here is the link to her blog: www.mohitar.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment